Stripe is the payment interface used by ClubZap to handle online payments for club membership and other fundraising initiatives. To use Stripe you will need to create an account first which will be used for transferring payments into your clubs account for online payments. It only takes 2 minutes and you will need your Bank IBAN number!
Setting up your stripe account is via 2 short steps:
- Create your account
- Validate your account
Create your Stripe account
Click here to start creating your account.
The following information is required to complete the setup process:
Where are you based?
Select the country location of your club from the list.
Your business type?
Individual/Sole Trader Partnership
Note: Most sports clubs would be Individual/Sole Trader
This can be left blank if Sole Trader selected in previous step.
Public Business Name / Legal Name Full Club Name
If no VAT number associated with club leave this field blank
Full Address of your club
Club website address if one exists otherwise leave blank.
Your First Name & Surname
Date of Birth
Your own date of birth
Your country of residence
Your address of residence
All other individuals who have more than 25% of company?
If club is not setup as a company no need to select this
Credit Card Statement Details
Business Name Club Name which will appear on your customers Credit Card statement for purchases
Club Phone Contact
Phone Number of Club contact which will appear on Credit Card statement.
Note: This can be changed at any time.
Bank Account Currency
You can accept GBP, EUR, USD, SEK, NOK and DKK. Currencies without a bank account will be converted and sent to your default bank account. You can add bank accounts for other currencies later.
Where is your bank located?
International Bank Account Number – Available in your Clubs Bank Statement
Email address to access your stripe account with
Create a password for your stripe account
At this stage you can now start processing payments for your club but in order to payments to be transferred to your club account from your stripe account you will need to verify your Stripe account.
Verify your Stripe account
You should have received an email with details on how to verify your account from Stripe. This will request that you upload a scan or photograph of a government-issued photo ID. If you are uploading a driver’s license or identity card, they may request an image of both the front and back of your ID. In order to make this as easy and secure as possible, the email link will direct you straight to your Stripe dashboard, which will have a notification in the upper right of the screen. The whole process can be performed within the dashboard and you can even use your webcam.
(Process duration: 2 Minutes)
Another way of validating is as follows:
- Login to Stripe.com
- Go to Settings link on bottom left menu
- Select Verification under the Compliance section
- Your personal details should appear in the Name, DoB and Address fields.
- You will need to upload a Photo ID to match the Name and DOB and a Utilitiy bill to match the address to validate yourself.
- How long will it take to validate my identification and utility bill? up to 24 hours
- How will I know if they are accepted or rejected? You will receive an email from Stripe.
- What if I dont provide the details? You may accept live charges, but may be unable to receive payouts until we verify your information.
- Why does Stripe need these details? Regularly updating information about your account helps us protect against fraud and money laundering. These requirements come from “Know Your Customer” (KYC) obligations from regulators and our financial partners.